Sunday, August 7, 2011

180.0: Let the Craving Begin

It was just a matter of time, wasn't it? If you crave food the way I do, you know exactly what I'm talking about. That time when motivation inspiration gives way to a seemingly insatiable desire to EAT. Wow. It's as if part of my soul needs to have something terrible to be whole. How strange is that? I think it's so arbitrary too - I mean, what's the difference between an apple and a Double Stuf Oreo? (Apparently, to me, the difference is big humongous.)

Yesterday was an excellent nutrition day in spite of it all and my .5 lb weight gain was merely because I was catching up on over three hours of exercise the day before. I'm also having excellent liquid days (i.e., getting enough water, no soda). In the immortal words of Lady Gaga, I'm on the right track baby. Nonetheless, it's still only been a few days and the glimpse of the obsession yesterday is only a sign of things to come. Yesterday I thought about this blog, and the entire point of it all - that is, to fuel inspiration since I'd hate to let myself down and then have to nark. Yeah, would rather avoid that - at least for now.


Today is shaping up well - omlet for breakfast (resisted the temptation to drown my toast in butter - remember that PSA "Don't Drown Your Food'?). Planning a fairly big lunch because I'm gonna burn a lot of calories again today: 2100m swimming and a 10 mi run in the humidity.

Day three should be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment